Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Season



You know sometimes we all go through life in routine without taking notice of what is around us.  Fall is a wonderful season to slow down a little to experience what is around you.  Take a moment and look at the color of the trees, smell the crisp fall air, feel the cool breeze on your face and neck, and also take a moment to utilize all of your senses to experience the splendor of the season.  The old saying "stop and smell the roses" is so true and well we all should do that from time to time.  If we don't take care of ourselves from time to time, then the stressors of life will get the better of us.  Just the other day, I was coming home from a mentally exhausting day of dealing with mental health issues, mental health trauma/drama, and was feeling a little frustrated because it seemed like everyone in the world to me was "sick" so to speak.  What I did was turned off my radio, rolled down my windows in my car, and enjoyed the golden yellows, oranges, reds, browns, and greens of the fall trees and took in the fall smells and I began to appreciate all that was around me and begun to relax.

This picture was taken in the parking lot of my apartment complex.
Take a moment, turn off all technical devices, tv's, radios, cell phones, etc. and imagine the sights and smells of fall.  The vibrate colors, smells of cinnamon, apple cider, leaves, firewood burning, pumpkins, caramel, etc.  Imagine taking a slow walk through a park with the fall leaves crunching under your feet, the wind softly blowing through the trees, birds in the air starting to fly south because they know winter will surely be on its way.

I love fall and spring seasons when one can really notice nature at its best.  I love to describe the world as a blank pallet and God has free rein to utilize it as a creative artist at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment